We want to provide you with information on the Coronavirus. The most important thing is not to panic.
No confirmed cases of COVID-19 exist in Oklahoma as of this writing. However, flu season is still in process. The best response to any infectious virus is prevention. Make sure to encourage everyone to follow best preventive measures, including:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and do so frequently.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers (60% alcohol or above) when hand-washing is unavailable.
- Avoid large crowds or travel to impacted areas.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and cough into your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household detergent and water.
- If your students feel sick, encourage them to stay home unless they are seeking medical care.
- Get this year’s influenza vaccine if you have not already done so.
We will send you additional guidance and information in the coming days and weeks, if necessary.
Thank you for prioritizing the safety and security of your students. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions.